- Written by Ashlee Banks
- Published on 15th July 2021
Allyson Felix / Photo Credit: AFP Contributor
- Track and field star Allyson Felix, 35, is looking out for mom-athletes who will be competing in the 2021 Tokyo Olympics this summer.
- Felix launched “The Power of She Fund: Child Care Grants” to eliminate childcare costs for female athletes who are mothers and travel frequently for competitions, USA Today reported.
- Funding for the grant program is provided by Felix’s sponsor, Gap’s Athleta and the Women’s Sports Foundation.
- Felix says this foundation is important to her because she knows firsthand what it’s like to balance being an Olympic athlete and a mom.