To apply email email@example.com and please include your current CV with the Job Title as the subject.
Position Title: Development Director
Reports to: Managing Director
Supervises: Clerical Assistant; Occasional Consultants; Volunteers
Responsible for: Grants to government, foundations, and corporations, major gift and annual campaigns; special event coordination. Also responsible for publication of printed materials used in marketing and fundraising.
The Development Director manages fundraising and some communications functions on behalf of African Sons and Daughters.
• Produce development plans and budgets and track results for reports to board of directors
• Draft, edit, produce, and track fundraising proposals, case statements, presentations, reports and acknowledgements
• Manage annual major gifts campaign with assistance of a board committee
• Produce general correspondence and promotional materials
• Compose, edit, produce and coordinate internal and external communications and promotional pieces; develop graphics and audio-visual promotional pieces; maintain regional slide/photo library
• Maintain and coordinate activities of “Corporate Cabinet,” active development and volunteer recruitment committee of business leaders
• Convene leadership and ad hoc committees for special events
• Plan, coordinate, and follow-up on special events
• Develop appropriate corporate sponsorships of African Sons and Daughters programs and promotional events
• Research and identify prospective new corporate and individual funding sources
• Coordinate workload with other administrative and communications staff
• Coordinate local annual giving with regional headquarters
• Serve as a local liaison and board representative to regional land trust organization