We are seeking a Trustee with experience in the education sector and with working knowledge of providing education for students with Special Educational Needs. The provision of Education is a significant part of the service we offer and so having this expertise on board will be invaluable for the organisation.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of Trustees and staff helping some of the most vulnerable children in our society to build a future and reach their potential by supporting the board with your knowledge and expertise of the education sector.
You will be an important member of the leadership team and through your involvement contribute to an organisation achieving outstanding long term outcomes for some of the most vulnerable young people in our society. As you develop into the role of Chair of Kings and Queens Education Service you will provide Trustee colleagues with expert advice on educational matters and leadership of the Board of Education. Through your work with Trustees and Managers you will be helping us achieve the best educational outcomes for each student and reaching more children who could benefit from our services.
This is an exciting time to get involved with the work of the African Sons and Daughters as we expand our provision to help more vulnerable children whilst also improving the quality of our services. You will be part of a Board of volunteer Trustees providing strategic oversight and helping to shape the future direction of the organisation.
- Experience in the education sector at leadership level.
- Working knowledge of providing education for students with Special Educational Needs.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Understanding and commitment to African Sons and Daughters cause and objectives.
- Willing to act as an ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and management.
Board meetings are held four times a year. You will also Chair of the Kings and Queens Education Service Committee, these meetings are held four times a year.