To apply email email@example.com and please include your current CV with the Job Title as the subject.
The role involves bringing a fresh perspective to our fundraising; ensuring it is of the highest standard and priority. The individual will assist the board to see the bigger picture and support African Sons and Daughters ’s staff / fundraisers.
- Oversee fundraising and ensure it is carried out in legal, honest and accountable ways
- Strategically assess where fundraising fits into the overall strategy and work with senior staff to ensure effective income generation is achieved
- Take a critical look at our current fundraising strategy, and support the creation of a new and updated plan
- Contribute knowledge of fundraising tools, techniques and strategies
- Encourage an entrepreneurial fundraising culture and assess the cost benefit ratio of each planned type of fundraising
- Network on behalf of African Sons and Daughters to solicit funds on a peer to peer basis
- Carry out fundraising risk assessments, especially when considering new or ambitious fundraising strategies
- Be an active champion of African Sons and Daughters
QUALITIES – ESSENTIAL:
- Someone with sufficient fundraising / income generation knowledge
- An understanding of the UK charity sector, good governance, Charity Commission, relevant legislations and statutory requirements
- An understanding of the challenges facing small UK charities in maximising income streams and donor cultivation
- Experience of diverse fundraising practices – corporate and philanthropic giving, and trusts and foundations would be valuable
- Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills
QUALITIES – DESIRABLE:
- Knowledge of digital or social media
- Knowledge of the voluntary sector
- A thorough understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice
Duties: In addition to the specific responsibilities stated, you will assume all the usual duties of a trustee.
Remuneration: Trustees are volunteers. The role is not accompanied by any payment, however reasonable expenses may be claimed e.g. local travel.
Time commitment: 1 year term. Review after 1 year. Estimated 1-2 days per month, including attending quarterly board meetings. You may also be a sub-committee member and attend specific meetings.
Location: London, and remotely.