- Written by Michael Chawe
- Published on 2nd July 2021
Zambia’s former President Kenneth Kaunda speaks during the funeral of South African former president Nelson Mandela in Qunu on December 15, 2013. PHOTO | POOL | AFP
- Zambia will hold a state funeral on Friday, July 2, for founding President Kenneth Kaunda, who died aged 97 after being taken ill.
- He will be buried on July 7.
- Fondly called KK, the former statesman was being treated for pneumonia at a military hospital in Lusaka.
- The funeral will be held in Lusaka’s main showground and will be attended by high profile individuals that includes government representatives, former and incumbent Heads of State.