To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org and please include your current CV with the Job Title as the subject.
We want to ensure that people are able to fully engage with our mission. Innovative thinking is at the heart and we are looking for dynamic individuals who will challenge, help shape the future and support the delivery of the organisation.
To that end, we are looking to appoint a trustee with experience in marketing, communications and public relations to develop our communication strategy. This role will be at the centre of ensuring that our charity reaches the right audiences, ensuring we make a positive difference.
- Ability to demonstrate a full range of communications and marketing, people and management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentational skills with a track record of producing high quality, inspiring and compelling content across a range of channels / audiences.
- Experience in briefing and influencing a range of press and media contacts in order to achieve positive news coverage, preferably including interviews as a spokesperson.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Analytical skills and ability to interpret and work with a range of data and information and evaluate impact of activity.
- Experience of managing and mitigating reputation risk.
- Experience of working within the charity, voluntary and public sector.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, charities and companies.
- Skills and experience in one or more areas of non-executive governance and management e.g. strategic planning, business management, financial/accountancy,
- Experience of Trusts or other grant giving bodies particularly fundraising and legal knowledge.
- A team-oriented approach to problem solving and to management.
The Board meets at least 4 times a year. It is expected that trustees spend at least 1 hour a week on their duties.
The board is currently an operational one, and the trustees act as the main staff of the charity on a voluntary basis as well as being trustees on the board of directors. Please be aware that all trustees will be expected to take on functional roles.